Writing and Selling E-Books Update 1
An SBI! Review
Ken, the past 12 months flew by. Here are the major highlights for me:
- Had my best year online last year in terms of income; for the first time exceeding my best-ever annual income as an executive in my previous career. In fact, this year I will be breaking the 6-figure barrier. This is all earned from multiple streams of income directly related to my primary "writing help" theme.
Created and published two (2) additional writing-related how-to books and added them to my portfolio of products that are marketed and distributed through the three channels of my Online Publishing Model:
- digital distributors
- print-on-demand (POD) distributors
- Continued to add theme-related content to my "mothership" SBI! site (www.WritingHelp-Central.com); that site received a total of 2.963 million visits in the 12 mos., or 2.207 million unique visitors in the same period.
- The year-to-year increase in traffic was +30% for visits and +37% for unique visitors.
- Spent considerable time adding new content and optimizing existing content on my SBI! site to make the pages more SE-friendly (i.e. more targeted than ever). I made sure that each page covered specific keyword research results. I also split-up the content of many pages into multiple pages, based on keyword research, coupled with my own knowledge of the theme-related subject matter.
- Also made an effort to post more than 35 theme-related articles to more than 100 article directories. Do a www.google.com search on "Shaun Fawcett" to see how often my articles got picked up for sites and blogs.
- The last two points are largely responsible for my increased traffic, and thus increased sales.
- Implemented numerous small changes on my network of sales-mini-sites to increase sign-ups for my various courses and to improve sales conversion rates. As a result, both rates did increase. For example, the upsell rate (i.e., buyer upgrades to higher value purchase on order page) is better than 50% for most e-products sold online.
- Have started using "video tutorials", as both bonuses and product extensions, for some of my products. These are mostly Camtasia screen capture tutorials to-date. I am sure these have increased the perceived value of the products involved but I have no hard data to confirm this.
To see my ebooks: www.writinghelptools.com
To see my POD paperbacks: www.amazon.com ("books" search "Shaun Fawcett")
I saved my most exciting piece of news for the last...
Because my online business runs virtually on automatic pilot these days, I will have the freedom to travel to Japan this December to visit my daughter who is teaching high school there. Since my products are downloadable, maintaining my business and dealing with any customer service issues from Japan will be a simple matter of checking my e-mail accounts via the Net once a day.
Life just gets better each day.